EDAD 520: Instructional Leadership
- Introduction to search strategy.
- Narrowing topics by: time, place, even, group/person (possible active learning exercise)
- Use of synonyms
- Boolean logic
- Looking for books.
- Basic vs. advanced searching
- Looking for articles.
- What are periodicals?
- Scholarly vs. popular periodicals (including defining peer-reviewed journals)
- How to select a database
- SFX and locating articles
- dvanced database searching
- Basics of creating PowerPoint presentations (assessment procedures #3 p. 4)
- Assignment (Final Assignment p.4)
- ERIC? using descriptors, record type (e.g. research), documents vs.journal articles
Academic Search Premier? Limiting searches to particular titles.
- The ten page paper must include 5 (peer reviewed or research-based articles). Articles must be cited according to APA.