Supporting Technology and Innovation
The Small Business Development Center (SBDC) hosted by California State University, Los Angeles strives to provide specialized services for small businesses and start ups.
The center hosted by CSULA works with businesses in which research and development will improve upon existing technology or process; bring forth a new product or innovative process.
The innovation typically involves protectable intellectual property serves as a foundation for a high rate of growth/return.
Free Consulting Services
- Technology Concept Analysis
- Feasibility Study
- Pre Production Consultation
- Production Consulting
- Alternative Funding Options
- Investor Pitch Prep
Speciaty Services(A nominal fee will be assessed.)
- Small Scale Manufacturing (1-10)
The Cal State L.A. Technology & Innovation Center provides the following specialized services for established small businesses and start ups with a technology focus:
- Assist with applications for state and federal R&D funding, include SBIR and STTR opportunities.
- Review and provide advice about contracts and research agreements.
- Identify appropriate partnerships with private, local and economic development organizations and state, federal, and university resources.
- Identify relevant sources of financing – including venture capital groups, angel investors and other alternative financing entities.
- Provide advice on issues relating to intellectual property, licensing, trademark and copyright.
- Provide advice about developing processes and design strategies for commercialization.
- Provide advice on building a “green” business or “greening” and existing business
- Locate resources to consult, advise, analyze or test ideas.
The Lead Center for the Los Angeles Regional SBDC Network is operated by Long Beach Community College District. The Small Business Development Centers are funded by the U.S. Small Business Administration, center host institutions, state and local funds, and corporate partners. Funding is not an endorsement of any product, opinion, or service. All Federal and State funded programs are extended to the public on a nondiscriminatory basis. Special arrangements for individuals with disability will be made if requested in advance.