The B.S. in Engineering Program seeks to graduate students with a broad, rigorous education, emphasizing strong analysis and synthesis skills. Our graduates will be well rounded and understand the broader impacts of engineering. They will have the skills to adapt to new technical challenges, communicate effectively, and collaborate well with others.
Graduates with the bachelor of science degree in engineering with Special Option are prepared to: Be flexible and resourceful, learn and apply new knowledge, and adapt successfully to novel circumstances and challenges. Communicate and work effectively with people with a broad variety of backgrounds at both a technical and non-technical level. Apply engineering principles and methodology to the design and analysis of systems and to the solution of a wide variety of problems. Consider scientific, technologic, ethical, societal, economic, political and/or environmental issues in a local or global context.
CSULA's B.S. in Engineering program aims to demonstrate that our students attain the following outcomes:
- an ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
- an ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- an ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability
- an ability to function on multidisciplinary teams
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- an ability to communicate effectively
- the broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context
- a recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning
- a knowledge of contemporary issues
- an ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.