Application Process        Application process is centralized at the university and requires only one step.
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) score or Letters of Recommendations are NOT required.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is required for students who do not posses a bachelor's degree from an institution where English is the principle language of instruction. A score of 550 or above on a paper based test (213 or above on a computer based test) is required.
- A student shall have completed an acceptable baccalaureate degree (four year college) and have attained a grade point average of at least 2.5 (A = 4.0) in the last 60 semester (90 quarter) units attempted.
- Currently, there is no teaching or research assistantships offered through the Department of Computer Science. Refer to the Center for Financial aid for financial assistance available from federal, state and institutional sources at Cal State L.A.
- Go to Student Handbook for more information on the graduate program in Computer Science.
- Go to University Admission: FAQs page for more detailed information about the university admission deadlines.
After Admission FAQs
- Note that all the applicants who meet all the University requirements are admitted to post baccalaureate Conditionally Classified Standing.
- Students should contact the graduate advisor in the Computer Science Department. The advisor will review the transcripts and conduct an assessment exam to determine which prerequisite courses must be taken prior to beginning any courses for your graduate program.