To be a pre-eminent computer science program that prepares students from diverse backgrounds for productive careers by providing them with a student-centered, practically focused quality learning experience.
To graduate well educated computer scientists who are prepared to meet the challenges of a rapidly changing, increasingly complex world. This will be accomplished through:
- A well-qualified faculty who care about students and their success.
- A dynamic, up-to-date curriculum that has an optimal balance between theory and practice.
- Laboratories, computer facilities, and instructional classrooms on par with any computer science program in the nation.
- Unique co-curricular opportunities for students such as participation in student design competitions, professional student organizations, and pre-professional employment.
- Opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students to participate in research and industry-funded design clinic projects.
- Mutually beneficial partnerships with area industry that take advantage of our location in one of the most concentrated high-tech centers in the nation.
- Strong cooperative relationships with local high schools, community colleges, and with other four-year institutions.