Requirements for Admission to Education Specialist Intern Program
- B.A. Undergraduate Degree from an accredited college or university
- 2.75 grade point average
- Passing score on California Basic Education Skills Test (CBEST)
- Completion of Subject Matter Competence (Passing CSET-Multiple or Single Subjects score or approved Single Subject program)
- U.S. Constitution course (or exam)
- COMM 151: Speech Proficiency Assessment for Teachers (or equivalent)
- UNIV 400: Writing Proficiency Exam (or a score of 41 or better in the writing section of CBEST)
- Admission to CSULA as post-bac or graduate student
- Employment by a school district in a special education program in the area for which you are seeking the Education Specialist credential.
- Preliminary or Clear Regular Education Credential OR successful completion of prerequisite courses EDSP 300: Introduction to Special Education, and EDSP 400: Foundations of Special Education.
- Contact Intern Office (323) 343-4436 in King Hall (KH) C1072K for application forms and verification of admissions requirements, interview.
- Candidates are required to meet with an advisor for a formal interview in order to complete the intern credential application and begin the formal admission process to the program. Meet with Jennifer Revilla (KHD 2078).
- Group Advisement - Candidates are required to attend a Special Education Program Group Advisement Meeting. Contact the Division of Special Education and Counseling office, (323) 343-4400, for a schedule.
For additional admissions information, contact Jennifer Revilla by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or by phone in the CCOE Advisement Center (323) 343-4320.