- Develop an understanding of current issues, practices and directions in curriculum and the ability to inquire into these.
- Develop knowledge and skills in educational research; develop analysis and reflection skills and written and oral communication.
- Identify and analyze topics of importance in current educational conversations and debates for critical issues related to urban elementary education.
- Deepen their commitment to their students and their students’ learning of mathematics.
- Increase their confidence to teach mathematics.
- Improve their ability to manage and assess their students’ mathematics learning.
- Augment their capacity to think reflectively about their teaching of mathematics
- Increase their capacity to become an agent of change in the field of mathematics education.