All of the Educational Administration Programs at California State University, Los Angeles (CSULA) are accredited by the National Council on Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) and the California Commission on Accreditation (COA).
Masters of Arts in Educational Administration and Preliminary (Tier 1) Administrative Services Credential Program
This program is designed for aspiring administrators who have successful years of teaching experiences. The central focus of the program is to equip the candidates with skills and knowledge required to become effective instructional leaders for preK-12 schools. Grounded in research, candidates have multiple opportunities to link theory and practice throughout the program.
One of the special features of the program is the intertwined curriculum for both degrees and service credentials. Upon successful completion of the one-year program and final assessment, candidates receive Master of Arts degrees in Educational Ad- ministration and California Preliminary Administrative Services (Tier-1) Credentials.
The Tier-1 credential licenses candidates for all administrative and supervisory services, pre-kinder- garten through grade 12 in California public schools. This credential is valid for 5 years.
Accepted candidates are placed in a cohort that meets two evenings (4:20-7:55 p.m.) a week for one year and final assessment meetings in the last quarter. Candidates experience comradeship and life-long networking relationships with cohort peers and instructors.
The Educational Leadership Program also guides and coaches all candidates to become technology- experts through digital portfolios.
Admission to the Program: Eligibility Criteria
- A valid California Professional Clear Teaching Credential or equivalent.
- A minimum of two years of successful teaching experiences with the Professional Clear Teaching Credential or equivalent.
- Positive recommendations from two people, including one from a practicing administrator.
- Demonstrated Leadership Potential, verified by an administrator.
- Passed CBEST
- Passed Writing Proficiency Exam or equivalent verification of writing proficiency, such as a CBEST writing score of 41 or better.
A Sample of Course Schedule
- EDAD 501A (4 units) Introduction to Educational Administration
- EDAD 501B (2 units) Laboratory for Educational Administration Digital Portfolios
- EDAD 561AB (6 units) Educational Leadership & Fieldwork
- EDAD 562AB (6 units) Research/Data Assessment & Fieldwork
- EDAD 565AB (6 units) Instructional Leadership & Fieldwork
- EDAD 563AB (6 units) Pluralism, Collaboration, and Social Justice & Fieldwork
- EDAD 564AB (6 units) School Law & Fieldwork
- EDAD 566AB (6 units) School Management & Fieldwork
- EDAD 567AB (6 units) School Finance & Fieldwork
- EDAD 581 (3 units) Clinical Internship
- EDAD 590 (3 units) Reflection and Digital Portfolio Assessment