Certificate of Clearance Application Instructions
Apply online (the quickest method), using the instructions provided below:
- Print one copy of Livescan 41-LS form.
- Submit the Livescan 41-LS form and processing fees to the LiveScan operator when the prints are taken
- Log on to the CCTC'S Online Direct Application Site.
- Complete the online application
- Using a VISA or Mastercard debit or credit card, complete the authorized transaction fee of $37.50
- Immediately following the successful submission of the online application, an e-mail will be sent containing a confirmation number and a link to the Track Payment web page.
A few tips from CSULA Charter College of Education.
Live Scan service is available Monday-Friday on a walk-in basis from 9:00 A.M. to 3:00 P.M. at CSULA Dept. of Public Safety, (323-343-3700). The Department of Public Safety accepts payments for Live Scan fees by check, money order, cashier check, Visa and MasterCard. Cash is not accepted by the department. The Live Scan fee for students enrolled at CSULA at time of Live Scan processing is $61.00. The fee for students who are not currently enrolled is $74.00. For additional information, see CSULA Live Scan Services webpage at
Alternate Live Scan locations can be found by visiting
- Don’t forget to complete the CCTC online application once your Livescan is completed.
- The CCTC states normal processing time for the fingerprint and character and identification process is one to three days. If the CCTC decides an individual must be reviewed by the Commission’s Division of Professional Practice, the process may take longer. Applicants can check the status of CCTC applications on the CCTC website.
Additional CCTC processing information:
Certificates of Clearance are valid for five years. Individuals may view the status of their Certificate of Clearance on the CCTC website.
CCTC contact information:
Commission’s Information Service, 1-888-921-2682