Certificate of Clearance application instructions taken from the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CCTC) webpage.
Apply online (the quickest method), using the instructions provided below:
- Print one copy of Livescan 41-LS form.
- Submit the Livescan 41-LS form and processing fees to the LiveScan operator when the prints are taken
- Log on to the CCTC'S Online Direct Application Site.
- Complete the online application
- Using a VISA or Mastercard debit or credit card, complete the authorized transaction fee of $35.00
- Immediately following the successful submission of the online application, an e-mail will be sent containing a confirmation number and a link to the Track Payment web page.
- At CSULA, LiveScan service is available at CSULA Dept. of Public Safety, Building C (323-343-3700). The Department of Public Safety accepts payments for LiveScan fees only by check, cashier check, or money order. Check cards, credit cards, and cash are not accepted by the department. The LiveScan fee for students enrolled at CSULA at time of LiveScan processing is $63.00. The fee for students who are not currently enrolled is $76.00.
Alternate LiveScan locations can be found by visiting http://caag.state.ca.us/fingerprints/publications/contact.html.
- Donít forget to complete the CCTC online application once your Livescan is completed.
- The CCTC states normal processing time for the fingerprint and character and identification process is one to three days. If the CCTC decides an individual must be reviewed by the Commissionís Division of Professional Practice, the process may take longer. Applicants can check the status of CCTC applications on the CCTC website.
Certificates of Clearance are valid for five years. Individuals may view the status of their Certificate of Clearance on the CCTC website.
CCTC contact information:
Commissionís Information Service, 1-888-921-2682