Location: Music Building Room 209
Phone: (323) 343-4015
Send inquiries to: ALadvise@calstatela.edu
Office Hours for Fall 2018:
|Monday||Tuesday||Wednesday||Thursday||Friday||Saturday & Sunday|
Please note that the Advisement Center is closed:
- Monday - Friday (daily) from 1:00pm - 2:00pm for lunch
- Every Thursday at 4:00pm for our weekly staff meeting
Fall 2018 Announcements
- September 5 - Fall "W" withdrawal period begins
- October 15 - Graduation applications for Spring 2019 due (Undergraduate)
- November 14 - Fall "W" withdrawal period ends
- For a complete list of important dates and deadlines for the Fall 2018 semester, please visit the University Registrar page: http://www.calstatela.edu/registrar/university-scheduling-office
- Continuing students may schedule appointments through the online Student Success Collaborative (located at the top right hand corner of the webpage).
- Walk-in assistance is only available during set times throughout the semester. These times will be noted in advance on our website and in the office.
- During regular 30 minute appointment periods, the advisor availability calendar opens for one week at a time. Students may start scheduling appointments for the following week at 6pm on Thursdays.
Review your CSU Academic Advising Report (CAAR) before your appointment, and bring any previous handouts and documents to your scheduled meeting. Also, be prepared to take notes during your session. A maximum of two appointments are allowed per semester. If you are unable to keep your appointment or need to reschedule, please cancel online or call our front desk at (323) 343-4015 during regular business hours. Appointments will be cancelled if you are five minutes late.
TVF/JOUR Permit Process:
- Class permits will not be issued if you have not taken the prerequisites
- Due to the high volume of permit requests, if any information is missing or incorrect, a permit will not be issued
- Email confirmation will be sent from the TVF department to your Cal State LA email account, if your permit(s) is approved.
Enrollment Waitlist Student Steps