Phone: (323) 343-4015
Send inquiries to: ALadvise@calstatela.edu
Office Hours for Spring 2019:
|Monday||8:00am - 7:00pm|
|Tuesday||8:00am - 6:00pm|
|Wednesday||8:00am - 6:00pm|
|Thursday||8:00am - 6:00pm*|
|Friday||8:00am - 5:00pm|
|Saturday & Sunday||Closed|
Please note that the Advisement Center is closed:
- *Periodically on Thursdays at 4:00pm for our bi-weekly staff meetings (finalized dates: 5/2)
- Scheduled appointments are 30 minute advising sessions available to continuing Cal State LA students.
- Appointments will need to be cancelled if students are more than five minutes late.
- A maximum of two appointments are allowed per semester.
If you are unable to keep your appointment, or need to reschedule, please cancel online or call our front desk at (323) 343-4015 during regular business hours.
How does the online appointment system work?
- Continuing Cal State LA students may schedule an appointment by clicking on the Student Success Collaborative icon located at the top right hand corner of our homepage.
- The advisor availability calendar for 30 minute appointment periods opens for one week at a time. Students may start scheduling appointments for the following week at 6pm on Mondays.
How can students prepare for appointments?
- Drop-ins are short, 15 minute advising sessions available to continuing Cal State LA students.
- No appointment is needed.
- Drop-ins are offered on a first-come, first served basis.
- Sessions will be limited to class schedule checks, declaring / changing majors and minors, and certain deadline specific matters only.
- To receive a class schedule check from an advisor, students must have a proposed schedule loaded in their Shopping Cart on GET.
Drop-in hours are subject to change on short notice.
Drop-in advising hours
|Monday||9:00am - 12:30pm; 2:00pm - 6:00pm|
|Tuesday||9:00am - 12:30pm; 2:00pm - 5:00pm|
|Wednesday||9:00am - 12:30pm; 2:00pm - 5:00pm|
|Thursday||9:00am - 12:30pm; 2:00pm - 5:00pm|
|Friday||9:00am - 12:30pm; 2:00pm - 4:00pm|
Drop-ins will be unavailable on:
- Thursday, May 2nd from 3:30pm - 5:00pm due to our bi-weekly staff meeting
- Tuesday, April 23rd from 2:00pm - 5:00pm
Spring 2019 Dates and Deadlines
For a complete list of important dates and deadlines for the Spring 2019 semester, please view the "Dates and Deadlines" section on the University Scheduling Office's website.
Communication Studies Department
Liberal Studies Department
Modern Languages & Literatures Department
Theatre & Dance
Television, Film & Media Studies Department