Location: Music Building Room 209
Phone: (323) 343-4015
Send inquiries to: ALadvise@calstatela.edu
Office Hours for Spring 2019:
|Monday||Tuesday||Wednesday||Thursday||Friday||Saturday & Sunday|
Please note that the Advisement Center is closed:
- Monday - Friday (daily) from 1:00pm - 2:00pm for lunch
- *Periodically on Thursdays at 4:00pm for our bi-weekly staff meetings (finalized dates: 2/14, 2/28)
- Scheduled appointments are 30 minute advising sessions.
- Appointments will need to be cancelled if students are more than five minutes late.
- A maximum of two appointments are allowed per semester.
If you are unable to keep your appointment, or need to reschedule, please cancel online or call our front desk at (323) 343-4015 during regular business hours.
How does the online appointment system work?
- Continuing Cal State LA students may schedule an appointment by clicking on the Student Success Collaborative icon located at the top right hand corner of our homepage.
- The advisor availability calendar for 30 minute appointment periods opens for one week at a time. Students may start scheduling appointments for the following week at 6pm on Thursdays.
How can students prepare for appointments?
- Drop-ins are short, 15 minute advising sessions.
- No appointment is needed.
- Drop-ins are offered on a first-come, first served basis to continuing Cal State LA students.
- Sessions will be limited to class schedule checks, declaring / changing majors and minors, and certain deadline specific matters only.
Drop-in hours are subject to change on short notice.
Drop-in advising hours
|Monday||9:00am - 12:30pm; 2:00pm - 6:00pm|
|Tuesday||9:00am - 12:30pm; 2:00pm - 5:00pm|
|Wednesday||9:00am - 12:30pm; 2:00pm - 5:00pm|
|Thursday||9:00am - 12:30pm; 2:00pm - 5:00pm|
|Friday||9:00am - 12:30pm; 2:00pm - 4:00pm|
Drop-ins will be unavailable on:
- Thursday, February 14th from 3:30pm - 5:00pm due to our bi-weekly staff meeting
- Friday, February 28th from 3:30pm - 5:00pm due to our bi-weekly staff meeting
Single Subject Credential Option
Two-year Degree Plans for Students in the B.A. in English (GE Certified Transfer Students)
Modern Languages & Literatures
Theatre & Dance
Television, Film & Media Studies
Spring 2019 Dates and Deadlines
For a complete list of important dates and deadlines for the Spring 2019 semester, please view the "Dates and Deadlines" section on the University Scheduling Office's website: http://www.calstatela.edu/registrar/university-scheduling-office