M.A. in anthropology, expected completion: summer 2006
* Completing master's thesis on health screening services in L.A. County
* Begins Ph.D. program at Wayne State University (Detroit) in the fall, specializing in medical anthropology
Cal State L.A. experience:
* "When I got here I wasn't really focused, but I was guided by my professors and saw how education could open doors for me."
* "It's been a really positive experience because I've had great guidance."
* "Cal State L.A. has opened doors for me, and I've discovered a lot of things you can do with a degree in anthropology."
* "My professors have been good role models."
* "CSULA has provided me with the background I need to be successful in a Ph.D. program. I learned a lot that I'll be able to use at the next level."
* "I was really happy with my professors. They were always available for me."
Why Cal State L.A.?
* "L.A.'s an ideal place to get education. There are so many resources in L.A., and not just school and professors!"
* "It's the perfect training ground to get experience in your field. You can take what professors taught you and apply it."
* To earn Ph.D. in medical anthropology and become a professor who works in a research setting as well as an academic setting.
* Monica is now in a Ph.D. program at Wayne State University in Detroit Michigan. Monica receive a full-ride for her program at Wayne State.
Contact the Graduate Studies Web Administrator
Office of Graduate Studies | Division of Academic Affairs
Phone: 323.343.3820 | FAX:323.343.5653