* Ph.D. student at University of California, Davis in the School of Education (Language, Literacy & Culture).
Cal State L.A. experience:
* "The Chicana/o Studies program allowed me to specifically focus on an interest that prepared me for doctoral study."
* "My professors, specifically my mentor Dr. Ester Hernandez, guided me through the thesis writing process and gave me the confidence that I need as I continue my education."
* "I have nothing but positive things to say about Cal State L.A. My experiences were academically and personally fulfilling."
Why Cal State L.A.?
* "My focus on Latina/o students in Southern California motivated me to continue my studies at Cal State L.A."
* "Its central location made commuting a lot easier for someone who worked full-time. Like me!"
* "Once I finish my doctoral degree, I would love to come back and teach within the CSU system."
* "I will continue my anthropological interests with students who are usually marginalized within the school system. This research is the reason I'm now at UC Davis!"
Contact the Graduate Studies Web Administrator
Office of Graduate Studies | Division of Academic Affairs
Phone: 323.343.3820 | FAX:323.343.5653