M.S. Anthropology, Geography, and Religious Studies (Interdisciplinary Studies), 2004
* PhD candidate in the Department of Anthropology, University of California, Riverside
* Specializing in Mesoamerican archaeology
* Currently doing fieldwork in Mexico and the Caribbean
Cal State L.A. experience:
* "The mentorship from renowned professors available at this school is outstanding."
* "At Cal State LA I learned how to compete professionally through giving papers at national conferences, participating in top tier research competitions, and submitting my research results for publication."
* "Cal State LA supported me academically and financially by funding aspects of my research and providing the funds for me to travel to national conferences. When I realized I wanted to pursue a PhD, CSULA was there for me by providing mentorship, guidance, and financial support throughout the application process."
Why Cal State L.A.?
* "I can't say enough about how fortunate I was to attend Cal-State Los Angeles for both my B.A. and M.S."
* "My introductory and master courses were always small and taught by enthusiastic professors."
On Earning a Master's Degree:
* "I was accepted with funding into all of the PhD programs I applied for and was on my way to fulfilling my academic career."
* "I knew none of it would have been possible without the strong support I received from Cal State LA administrators and faculty."
* To provide the same level of professionalism and mentorship that I found Cal State LA as a professor in a top ranked research institution. (This includes returning to teach at Cal State L.A.)