M.A., Interdisciplinary Studies: Political Arts, 2007
* Graduate Assistant in Pan-African Studies
Cal State L.A. experience:
* "After looking through various graduate school programs I chose Cal State L.A. because it had the only master's in Afro-Latin music. I did not know then that this would lead me into an Interdisciplinary Studies program involving all of the arts."
* "I had access to incredible teachers in the English Department, the Pan-African Studies Department, the Music Department and the Theater Arts and Dance Department."
* "It was possible for me to incorporate all of the departments in a unified field, Political Arts."
* "Cal State L.A. allowed me the freedom to create my own master's degree program and create a place for me to branch out to other departments."
Why Cal State L.A.?
* "There is one reason I am extremely grateful for choosing Cal State L.A., and that is the faculty."
* "Faculty members know you by name, by interest and as a person."
On Earning a Master's Degree:
* "My master's degree gave me time to focus my studies and my discipline. It also gave me time to understand the academic research process."
* "What is incredible about the master's degree is it is the first time you can really begin inquiring and testing your own theories and ideas."
* "I plan to be a Professor/Choreographer in Performance Studies."
* "After doing an Interdisciplinary Studies master's program at Cal State L.A., I see that we can cross boundaries and make our experiences multi-dimensional."
* "I envision teaching classes and coordinating performances for the campus as well as for the surrounding community, so we can extend the borders of our academic institution."
Contact the Graduate Studies Web Administrator
Office of Graduate Studies | Division of Academic Affairs
Phone: 323.343.3820 | FAX:323.343.5653