M.S. in Biology, 2007
* Completing thesis on reduced protein expression in patients with Crohn's Disease
* Teaching Associate and Graduate Assistant for the Department of Biological Sciences
* Bridges to the Ph.D. Scholar
* Accepted to doctoral program in biomedical sciences at Albert Einstein College of Medicine for fall 2007.
Cal State L.A. experience:
* "Cal State L.A. excels in preparing graduate and undergraduate students for study at Ph.D. institutions."
* "Science labs are quite interactive."
* "Faculty bring experience to the classroom, update the curriculum with current topics for lectures, and develop new classes to meet ongoing trends in science."
* Teaching labs to undergraduate students was rewarding and it strengthened my background in my field of study."
Why Cal State L.A.?
* "There are a variety of research projects that are being conducted by faculty with diverse specialties and the research is ideal in preparing students for careers in medicine, research, and industry."
* "There are programs designed for students to assist in the application and interview processes, graduate entrance exams, tutoring, and personal statement writing, to name a few."
* "There are opportunities to be involved with research, present findings at local and national conferences, and have your work published in a peer reviewed journal."
* Obtain a Ph.D. degree in biomedical sciences at Albert Einstein College of Medicine.
* Obtain a faculty position in a university with research focused on immunology / pathogenic bacteria.
* Promote the spirit of mentorship as I have experienced at Cal State L.A.