M.A. in American Cultural Studies, 2004
Doctoral fellow at USC's Annenberg School of Communications
Cal State L.A. experience:
* "My experience at Cal State L.A. was absolutely critical to being groomed to apply for a first-tier Ph.D. program."
* "There's a sense of camaraderie I've felt at CSULA that I've never felt at any other university."
* "There's a desire to improve opportunities for students among all levels of administration and staff. The support and nurturing of students at Cal State L.A. is phenomenal."
* "Many of us are the first in our families to get graduate degrees. Once you graduate you want to go back to make it possible for other students."
* "The diversity on campus is amazing, but it's what the diversity creates that is remarkable. Students come with a desire to break new ground and do things they have no role model for. And there's a lot of willingness to allow students to be creative and break new ground."
* "Cal State L.A. gives people like me who wouldn't have considered college an opportunity."
* "When I finish my Ph.D. I want to come back to CSULA to teach and do research."
Contact the Graduate Studies Web Administrator
Office of Graduate Studies | Division of Academic Affairs
Phone: 323.343.3820 | FAX:323.343.5653