High Impact Practices:
- First-Year Seminars and Experiences
- Common Intellectual Experiences
- Learning Communities
- Writing-Intensive Courses
- Collaborative Assignments and Projects
- Undergraduate Research
- Diversity/Global Learning
- Service Learning, Community-Based Learning
- Capstone Courses and Projects
Links to other GE programs in the CSU.
- East Bay
- Monterey Bay
- Sacramento State
- San Jose
General Education at Univ.Cinncinatti:http://www.uc.edu/gened/default.html
note some documents under the General Education Core News that describe, among other things, a quarter/ semester conversion plan.
The fundamental principles of their GE program can be found at this link:
Portland State University implementation of high impact practices.
Carnegie Mellon- a private practice
Cal Lutheran University
AAC&U GE resources: