- Getting Started
- Integrating i>clicker with Moodle
- iClicker Pedagogy
- How do I request an i>clicker set?
i>Clicker Guides and Software
If you are using iClickers for your class and would like to sync the content from iClicker's iGrader to your Moodle gradebook, you can follow the directions in the Moodle 2 Instructor Guide and download the iClicker Moodle Integration Files and iClicker/iGrader software to do so.
Moodle Instruction Guide:
If you have the iClicker Software:
If you do not have the iClicker Software:
Clicker use is intended to support the following goals:
- promote conceptual application of and critical thinking about course material during class
- increase student engagement with course material and the learning process
- foster small and large group discussions, with an eye for identifying and explaining the diversity of views that exist within the learning community
- increase verbal and non-verbal participation
- encourage attendance, and hold students accountable for completing reading and written assignments in a timely manner
- facilitate formative assessment of student learning beneficial to both the professor and the learning community
- foster a safe and productive learning community, where students learn to trust one another in class discussions
- provide students with immediate feedback on their comprehension of material
- provide instructors with important and immediate feedback as to how effectively the subject matter has been presented
- offer variation to keep and refocus students’ attention throughout a long lecture
More information can be found here:
Come by and view all of our different types of workshops that we have:
Clickers in the Classroom
Are you curious about how to use clickers (student response systems) in the classroom? Compared with other active learning approaches, clickers have been have been shown to achieve learning outcomes. Using this technology, instructors can gain prompt student feedback, instantly gauge student understanding of a topic, and encourages participation from the entire class. Join us for a hands-on workshop on how clickers can be used, basic setup of the i>clicker system, how to access i>clicker data, and some best practices for their use.
i>clicker: A Pedagogical Discussion
Join special guests for a pedagogical discussion on how to increase engagement and learning outcomes with the use of clickers (student response systems) in the classroom.
Integrating i>clicker with Moodle
Did you know you can integrate i>clicker data with Moodle? If you are already using i>clicker in your classes, or are thinking about starting, learn how to integrate your i>clicker data with the Moodle gradebook. This will be a hands on workshop in the CETL Main computer lab.
And much more! Please visits our Workshops & Calendar page for more information!
How do I request an i>clicker set?
CETL provides both instructor and class sets that you can borrow. Please print this form and return to the CETL lab at FA138.
Need help with iClickers? Please contact us:
Catherine (Cat) Haras
(323) 343 - 5607; firstname.lastname@example.org
(323) 343 - 5444; email@example.com
Lab Manager, Instructional Design Specialist
(323) 343 - 6593; firstname.lastname@example.org
Fine Arts 138
(323) 343 - 6594; email@example.com