It is possible to reopen a quiz through Moodle. This would be helpful under certain circumstances. Some examples of situations where you would need to reopen a quiz are:
- Moodle crashes in the middle of a quiz.
- The majority of students have difficulty completing a quiz.
NOTE: Reopening a quiz following these instructions will open the quiz to the entire class. One of the ways to work around this is to place a password on the quiz (link to password quiz page). The other way is to provide different quiz parameters to individual students, please follow the instructions for setting a User Override in a Moodle Quiz. (Link User Override to that support page)
Follow the instructions below to reopen a quiz after attempts have already been made.
- Click Turn editing on.
- Click the Up to the right of the quiz title.
- Find the Section titled Grade.
- Find Attempts allowed.
- Select 2 from the drop-down box.
NOTE: If you set times and dates to open and close the quiz, or if you set restrictions on quiz availability, make sure they are changed to allow for the attempts after the reopening of the quiz.
- Click Save and return to course at the bottom of the screen.