A wiki is a collection of collaboratively authored web documents: a web page everyone in your class can create together, in the browser, without needing to know HTML. Each author can add content to the wiki by simply creating a link to a new page from the original document.
Follow the instructions below to create a Wiki:
- Click Turn editing on.
- Scroll to the section where you want the Wiki placed.
- Click Add an activity or resource.
- Select Wiki.
- Click Add.
You will then be taken to the set up page for your Wiki.
- Enter in a Name of your Wiki.
- Enter in a Description.
- Enter the name of your first page.
NOTE: Once you name the first page it cannot be changed.
- Click the Wiki mode drop-down menu and choose the type of Wiki you want
- Collaborative: any member of the classroom can create and edit pages on the wiki. Great for group projects. All members have equal access
- Individual: is a personal space where students can edit and develop their own pages. This is visible to everyone.
- Click Save and display.
You will then be taken to the set up page for your First (home) page.
- Give the page a title.
- Choose a format for the Wiki.
NOTE: Best practice is to use HTML
- Click the Group drop-down radio button and choose whether this wiki will be available to all participants or certain groups.
If you would like to set up your wiki to include groups, please follow the link here [insert link]
- Click Create Page