Moodle Transition Resources
The following are recommended training resources for CSULA faculty. The resources demonstrate how to export Blackboard course content to your Windows XP computer. Once course content has been download it can be transferred to courses in Moodle. Instructions on downloading additional course content (quizzes, grade book, assignments, emails, weblinks) are also listed below.
Archive content using Windows 7
Zip files using Windows 7
Below are resources that show how to archive your course content using Firefox on a Windows 7 computer. The time to create and save the zip file will depend on the number of selected files and internet connection. We recommend that you do this process on campus.
- Video: "Archive content using Windows 7" (1 min. 49 secs.)
- PDF: "Exporting your Blackboard to your Windows 7 PC."
WebDav for Windows XP
Below are resources that show how to create a WebDav network connection to export Blackboard content to a Windows XP computer:
WebDav for Mac
Below are resources that show how to create a WebDav network connection to transfer Blackboard content to a Mac computer:
File Management Process
File Management for Windows Resources
Below are Windows instructions that show the process of managing files that are being downloaded from a WebDav network connection:
File Management for Mac Resources
Below are Mac instructions that show the process of managing files that are being downloaded from a WebDav network connection:
Downloading Quizzes using RespondusBelow are instructions on retrieving and saving quizzes on your Windows XP computer using Respondus Quiz Builder.
Downloading the Grade BookThe resources below provide instructions on how to export the Grade Book to your computer. Saving the exported spreadsheet file option will depend on the type of browser you are using during this process. :
Downloading Student Assignments and Emails
Please follow the instructions below to download Student Assignments and Emails:
- Access the student submitted assignments by clicking on the assignment title
- Click on the "All" tab
- Select the small box to the left of "Title" to select all the assignments.
- Click on the "Create Printable View" button at the bottom of the list
- On the next screen, click on the "Save to File" button.
- Click on the link on the next screen to save the assignments to your computer
- Repeat these instructions to download other assignments in your course.
The similar process is used to download student email.
Please contact CETL staff at 323.343.6594 or email@example.com for assistance with saving your weblinks.
Note: Learning Modules cannot be exported.