Bioscience Entrepreneurs Boot Camp
The LA BioStart Bioscience Entrepreneurs Boot Camp is a five-week, highly interactive, intensive training program pairing emerging bioscience entrepreneurs with industry experts and executives for rapid training in business fundamentals, bioscience knowledge and leadership skills. The courses will be held on the Cal State LA campus ten minutes from downtown Los Angeles and at the Los Angeles Cleantech Incubator (LACI)’s LaKretz Innovation Center in the Arts District. The boot camp is a partnership among Cal State LA the Biocom Institute and LACI.
Upon successful completion of the boot camp, participants will receive a full year of membership to Biocom.
Applications are open for Winter '17/'18.
Deadline for application reciept is November 20th, 2017.
Who should apply?
- Early-stage entrepreneurs
- Emerging entrepreneurs interested in taking bioscience ideas to market
- Scientists, university faculty, postdoctoral fellows and graduate students
What Topics are covered?
Bioscience Business Suite
- Bioscience R&D Process
- Regulatory Affairs
- Quality Assurance & Quality Control
- Reimbursement, Marketing & Sales
- Corporate Partners & Exit Strategies
Business Fundamentals Suite
- Design Thinking
- Business Model Canvas
- Legal Basics
- Investment and Financing
- Understanding Personality Styles
- Influence & communication skills
- Driving Positive Change
Visioning, Strategic planning & goal setting